- what personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through vince.com,
- the organization collecting the information,
- how the information is used,
- with whom the information may be shared,
- what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information,
- the kind of procedures we employ in an effort to hinder the unauthorized access, deletion, alteration, use or disclosure of information you provide to Vince, and
- how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information you provide to us.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this notice, please contact us at 800.960.2231 or at email@example.com.
Scope of This Policy
This policy applies to the treatment of personally identifiable information that Vince collects through our website and our services. The policy does not apply to practices of companies whose websites may be linked to Vince. For access to the Privacy Policies of such linked websites, please refer to the information provided by such websites on their homepages. Also, see the paragraph below under the heading "Hypertext Links."
How We Collect and Use Your Information
From time to time, Vince collects personally identifiable information, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, zip code and personal information concerning your interests, occupation, gender and other demographic information.
Vince does not seek to collect such information from persons under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any such information to us. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 18 who has provided such information to us, please contact us at 800.960.2231 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove such information from our database as described further below.
In addition, no person (of any age) is required to provide us with the personally identifiable information we request. If you do not wish to provide such information, you are free not to do so, although that may prevent you from using certain features or taking full advantage of all of our offerings on our website. Your provision of requested information to us through vince.com or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described herein. If, after submitting personally identifiable information to us, you wish to "opt-out," please contact us at 800.960.2231 or at email@example.com, and we will disable the account that contains your information in our database as set forth below in the section titled "Managing Your Information." Please know that such a decision will not stop advertising or content that is generated prior to the time when we can accomplish the removal of your information.
Vince also receives and records information from server logs from your browser, including cookie information relating to pages requested. We treat this information as non-personal, unless required to do otherwise by applicable laws. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be "tracked" online. At this time, we do not modify your experience based on any such signal or broadcast.
Vince uses the information you provide to us to customize advertising and content that we present to you, to contact you concerning specials, abandoned shopping carts and new products, and to enhance our product offerings. Vince will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party except when:
- you have been given an opportunity to "opt-out" of sharing the information and have declined to exercise that right within the time period provided;
- Vince must share the information in order to provide a product or service that you have requested, in which case, we will demand that any third party we use to fulfill your order agree that it does not have the right to use the personally identifiable information other than to fulfill your request; or
- Vince is required to respond to subpoena, court orders or other legal processes requiring such disclosure.
- We may share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, as further described in our Information Disclosure and Your Choices/Your Privacy Rights sections below. If you wish to opt out of such sharing, please contact us at 800.960.2231 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, email address and postal address in your request.
We may disclose information we collect (including Site usage information and personal information) in the following ways, to the extent permitted by law:
- to our service providers and suppliers, who collect or use such information for us or on our behalf (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar entities that help us to operate the Sites and/or provide functionality, content and services);
- as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of the Site Terms and Conditions or any other Site policy, or if we have reason to believe that our rights or property, or the rights or property of any third party, may be or have been harmed;
- to respond to subpoenas or other judicial processes, or to provide information as requested by law enforcement agencies, other government authorities, or otherwise as required by law;
- in the event that Vince or substantially all of its assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or other similar corporate reorganization, where your information may be one of the transferred assets;
- to third-party marketers, as permitted by law, unless you direct us not to (please see the Your Choices/Your Privacy Rights section below);
- when you contribute to a social, community or other publicly available area or feature of the Site (e.g., if you submit a product rating or review), the information and content that you post may be made available to the general public, depending on your settings (which is why we recommend that you do not submit or post any sensitive personal information, such as your full name, home address, phone number or other information that would enable others to contact or locate you);
- otherwise, with your permission; and
- as otherwise, with your permission or as permitted by law.
Content and information that you submit on or through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and other third-party platforms may appear on the Sites through feeds from and other interfaces with those platforms. We are not responsible for the information, content and/or privacy practices of any such third-party platforms.
Your Choices/Your Privacy Rights
If you would like to opt out of receiving direct mail from us, please contact us at 800.960.2231 or email@example.com. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your account, relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
If you would prefer that we not share your personal information with third-party marketers, please contact us at 800.960.2231 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and your email and postal addresses. (Note that we never share your payment information with other marketers.) Please understand that if you do request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, such request will only apply as of the date of your request, and we will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from third parties that received your personal information prior to that request. In these cases, please opt out from or contact that third party directly.
Managing Your Information
Vince employs reasonable measures to maintain all personally identifiable information provided by you on computer servers in a controlled and secured environment in an effort to hinder unauthorized access, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of such information. Vince utilizes secure socket layer encryption technology and firewall network protection to protect personally identifiable information that is transmitted to vince.com. Unfortunately, the nature of the Internet is such that information may be transmitted over networks without appropriate security measures and may be accessed, deleted, altered, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons at that time.
To protect our customers from fraudulent transactions on vince.com, all orders are subject to review and verification. As part of the verification process, an order may be temporarily placed on hold in order to verify order information: that includes, but is not limited to, credit card billing information, which may involve contacting the credit card holder directly.
Modifications to This Policy
Vince may make modifications or amendments to this policy from time to time. In the event that such changes alter how we gather, process, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information, we will post such changes on our website.
Vince, our suppliers, licensors, or the original creators of all materials on vince.com own all copyrightable subject matter on vince.com and all trademarks, patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Vince and/or such other parties. No license to or right in any such copyrights, trademarks, patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Vince and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you. In addition, direct linking, deep linking, framing, page-jacking, metatagging, and using a robot, spider or automated device of any kind to monitor or copy vince.com is strictly prohibited.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Vince hereby authorizes you only to copy the content herein solely for your personal and private use in learning about, evaluating, or acquiring Vince products. Except where expressly noted, no other permission is granted to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content contained on this website. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this website may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Any other use of materials on this website, including reproduction for purposes other than those expressly permitted herein, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission from Vince is strictly prohibited. Any copy made by you as permitted herein must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other website or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited.
Last updated September 2014.